Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Four Favorite Blogs!

My first favorite and recommendation is clutterfreeclassroom. For all of you organization obsessed like myself this blog is a must. Every weekday morning she posts a new idea on how to organize the little things around your classroom, in innovative cheap ways. My favorite is the following blog, diy-seating-with-storage, because I have had the same idea to use in my own future classroom. Only with egg crates and cushions. I am all about making the classroom neat yet functional and this blogger is right up my ally with her doable ideas, I believe many of my future teacher friends would agree. Also it is a good blog because she posts frequently and the blog is easy to read through. 
 
Photo Courtesy of clutterfreeclassroom 

My second recommendation would be lifeinfirstgrade1. This blogger/teacher gives out so many great activity/lesson ideas that are actually usable within the classroom. Her blog is clean, easy to read and if you plan on teaching the first grade you can learn a lot from her or some of her recommended first grade blogs. When we went over what it means to be a good blog just a few weeks ago some of the major items that we pointed out were; do they post frequently (and yes she does), is it easy to follow(and yes it is), is the blog relevant to its title (yes it is) and my own thing is does it give you recommendations to other blogs. She has all of these qualifications plus I enjoy her sense of humor that you pick up on as you read. My blog of choice to sell you on this blogger is classroom-decorating-day-nine, my reasoning is simple. I love the bees, its actually a theme I want to do in my own classroom, and I love how she has everything organized (on her day off I mind you!). 


Button Courtesy of lifeinfirstgrade1
My third  blog is creatingandteaching, this blog is filled with ideas of items to create for your classroom. This blog however is aimed towards younger students, in particular pre-k or maybe kindergarten. Her students are ages 3 and 4 but have autism. I love that her blog is something different. Often times you will see blogs on simply teaching a kindergarten class or first grade and so on but  hers is the first that I have stumbled upon that focuses on how she teaches her young students with autism. I feel like this is simply just a good blog to take a peek at whether you are educating those students or not because it has some really interesting ideas. One that really caught my eye was her dental-health-mini-unit, never have I seen a unit on dental health and this looked like a cute fun way to teach it to the younger students. 
Button Courtesy of creatingandteaching

My fourth and final, since I already had three and stumbled across this last one, is seusstastic. This is a favorite simply because I am obsessed with Dr. Suess and he will be a part of my classroom! This blog is written by another Suess obsessed or as she calls herself, obsuessed. Her blog is right up my ally, I love all of the Dr.Suess ideas that she has, its sad Dr. Suess week only comes around once a year she has so many ideas. My favorite blog of hers is a week full of Dr. Suess activites of course, seusstastic-seuss-week-freebies, and they are free. Nothing beats a good free idea. Better yet, she has a direct link to her Teachers Notebook shop, includes videos and unit ideas. Love it! 
Heres her link: teachersnotebook
*As a small side note I just wanted you to know that all these blogs I found from Pinterest because I am forever looking at teaching ideas and so forth from Pinterst. My addiction has really come in handy because I follow so many education blogs!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Do you think Pinterest has helped you understand the power of blogging even more?

    ReplyDelete