Sunday, February 26, 2012

IPads in the Classroom

While watching this video I thought of the autistic clients that I work with and how if they had an ipad they might have more independence and active rituals. I believe that the IPad an incredible addition to a classroom for these students who struggle with independent learning. It would be helpful for me as a teacher to have those students doing a similar activity on their IPad as I am working with the rest of the class. It allows that student to work independently giving myself more time to focus on other students rather than struggling with just one. If I could ask Leo's parents one question it would be how has the IPad helped with his learning and education?

My use of mobile technologies are my cell phone and iPod regularly. On my iPod I have puzzle apps and trivia apps that are brain games.  I have not looked before to look for educational apps. However I know that my nephew, age 1, really enjoys the doodling app and has learned how to work the app. He has also learned how to go through the pics on the iPod.

I would recommend Scouts Shapes and Colors Farm (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scouts-shapes-colors-farm/id491189168?mt=8) from leapfrog and TeachMe Toddler (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teachme-toddler/id316755410?mt=8 ) for parents who are about to send there children to school to give them a head start. I would recommend TeachMe Kindergarten (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teachme-kindergarten/id336689375?mt=8) for those parents who have children starting school to help keep them learning at home. These apps all assist children with learning colors, shapes, letters and numbers. The children are then learning simple addition, subtraction and spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment